Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beauty

St Kilda Beach , Melbourne, Australia, photo by Primo


a view from the terrace of the house on top of the hill photo by orange tulip















Used by Nelson Mandela in his 1994 inaugural speech




I am not necessarily brilliant and famous but i have always believed(or at least that's how people who loved me made me believe) that i am gorgeous and talented. Moreover, it does not bother me if some have been insecure having me around. Early in life i have been taught that i was born to give joy to my parents, my kins and to the people around me who can appreciate the beauty of my existence. I have also relished the idea to let my light shine brightly so as to encourage others to shine on their own too. And i have been fearless in expressing myself, including my own fears since i discovered that doing - has always liberated me. I may sound odd to a few but i realised that in some ways i have made some smile or laugh. And in making them happy in my own simple ways, i have realised that it makes me happy too. In return, through their simple and quiet ways - a sweet or shy smile, a cheerful hello, reassuring kiss or a soulful hug, an encouraging word or lavish praise from family, friends, workmates, loved ones and even strangers- i have realised that these can make me happy too.






And in agreement with Nelson Mandela I reckon that this is the beauty of life- being born to make manifest the glory of God that is within me and you. And i am in the working progress, for such.








No comments: