Monday, September 8, 2008

Love is a Rose

"Pink Roses in Bloom", photo by Primo


"Roses in varying colours", photo by Primo

" A Wedding Bouquet, photo by orange tulip

" A Day in the Flower Show", photo by Primo



There is a thin membrane that protects the self, and love’s thorns can puncture it with ease and tear it open. This is the painful service that love provides. It strips away our protective layer leaving us open to both hurt and love, and since we are human and fallible, we cannot love without hurting or be loved without being hurt.

-John Fischer
(Confessions of A Caffeinated Christian)













I am reading this inspirational book over tea in the last few days and i liked the lines too much and scribbled them in my traditional "planner". Yes, i received an organiser as a present strangely starting the month of September but i liked it so much. I am also looking forward to getting busy again and filling up at least my social calendar as i am excited to meet up a lot of old friends again.




The lines would not get off my mind and i tried to find my favourite photos stored in a flask disk. I initially looked for the photos that i took in my few visits of rose gardens in the country but i cannot locate them. Anyway, i got to rediscover the photos from a very dear friend, well also my brother Primo ( he patiently read the manual and taught me how to operate my first digital camera, thanks) from a flower show that entralled both of us and our closest friends one fine autumn day.







Well, the words of John Fischer about my favourite subject " love" are pretty much true, at least as far as i am concerned. Yes, love is a rose. Thanks John for such eloquence excellently verbalising the obvious . And i like roses just as i like tulips as i like loving too.



























































No comments: